As a follow-up to Doug Thede’s note earlier today, I wanted to briefly comment on the third quarter 2009 earnings press release we issued yesterday.
I’m delighted our quarterly revenues exceeded $100 million for the first time in our company’s history. This is a great accomplishment achieved through long-term commitment to delivering premium BI technology and service to our customers. Here’s the earnings release for more details: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/MicroStrategy-Announces-Third-prnews-1368082102.html?x=0&.v=1
This afternoon, InformationWeek and The Wall Street Journal both published positive online articles regarding our quarterly financials:
Wall Street Journal: http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20091029-724987.htmlThere are several factors driving this year’s success:
- Prospects increasingly believe that MicroStrategy 9 is the best BI platform in the market today
- We continue to augment our customer portfolio with industry-leaders. New customers this year include Facebook, Tesco Group, Honda Europe, SUBWAY® restaurant chain, Société Générale, Dean Foods Company, U.S. Department of Energy, and Toshiba Europe, just to name a few
- As current customers expand their BI deployments, they are choosing MicroStrategy for their growing requirements
- Influential industry analysts such as Gartner are proactively recommending MicroStrategy technology to their clients
- Innovative offerings, such as the MicroStrategy Reporting Suite, are enabling us to penetrate new markets
In addition to our strong financial results, Gartner recently published a detailed report on MicroStrategy entitled “SWOT: MicroStrategy, Business Intelligence Platforms, Worldwide.” You’ll find the report on our website at http://www.microstrategy.com/gartnerswot. In short, Gartner addresses some of the strengths of our company, including:
- The impressive features and performance of MicroStrategy 9
- Our world-class customer base (many with enterprise-wide BI deployments) and the high number of customers that choose MicroStrategy as their BI standard
- MicroStrategy’s low total cost of ownership, thanks to our well-integrated platform
- The high level of support that we provide to our customers
As we approach our 20-year anniversary in November, you can be very proud of the company that we have built, the impact we’ve had on the BI industry, and the positive momentum we’re experiencing today.
Personally, I plan to share this good news by forwarding this note to my professional colleagues, friends, and family; I encourage you to do the same. Thanks for all your effort and let’s keep up the momentum!
Sanju Bansal | COO | MicroStrategy
1861 International Drive | McLean, VA 22102
Office: 703.848.8630 | Fax: 703.770.1710
Assistant: Kristina Glansdorp | Phone: 703.714.1210 | email@example.com